Tracey Road Equipment, Inc. is seeking to hire an Inside Parts Sales Representative for our Albany location.
Please note that in order to be considered for employment with TRE you MUSTcomplete an employment application. You can visit our website at
to complete an online application or stop in and pick up a paper application instead.
The Parts Counter person sells, at retail parts to all available customers, over the counter, through the shop, or on the phone.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for all functions relating to developing new parts, customer relationships, and strengthening existing customer base.
- Assist in keeping the parts department clean and orderly by performs routine housekeeping tasks that maintain and enhance the cleanliness of products and the retail sales area.
- Will use dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently as well as sell additional parts and services by recognizing opportunities to up-sell.
- Assist walk-in and phone-in customers in selecting required parts suggest companion requirements, offer specials, and ensure that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Pull purchased parts from stock.
- Maintain customer goodwill by greeting and acknowledging all customers, answer customer inquiries, pull parts for customers, and follow our prescribed cash, credit and check processing procedures.
- Assist outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Set up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Review “will call” and “back-order” files weekly, with the Expediter, and return to vendors, or stock those items not required.
- Be friendly professional and efficient when working with all customers, both on the phone and in person.
- Provide the same high level of service to other dealership departments as is given to other customers.
- Review credit for parts returned with Expediter, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Present the customer with the proper copy of invoices.
- When doing business with regular cash customers, ensure that their “cash account” numbers are recorded to assure proper customer tracking.
- Keep front counter and showroom areas clean and uncluttered.
- Replenish assigned inventory daily.
- Advise Parts Sales Manager when areas of the department are not satisfactory condition.
- Keep current on new products and product updates.
- Participate in all training programs that are made available.
- Clean computer terminals and printers daily.
- Parts/Sales experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend and instructions and information.
- One year of experience in an equipment and / or truck parts department.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to work well with the public, sometimes with several customers at a time.
- Excellent Medical & Dental Plans.
- 401-K plans.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- Paid Vacations.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Sick Days.
- Annual Boot Allowance.
- Company Paid CDL’s.
- Verizon Wireless Discount.
- Enterprise Employee Discount.
- Employee Discount Car Program for Certain Manufacturers.
- TRE Parts Discount.
- Technician Referral Program.
Tracey Road Equipment is an affirmative action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.