Tracey Road Equipment, Inc. is seeking to hire full-time Diesel Truck Mechanics for our Albany location.
Responsibilities/Duties for Diesel Truck Mechanics
- Determining vehicle condition by conducting inspections and performing thorough troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures to identify root cause of failures.
- Repairing brake systems, engines, electrical components, steering systems, transmissions.
- Diagnosing problems.
- Test driving to verify vehicle performance.
- Mechanic must keep vehicle records by noting service/repairs in the computer system.
- Qualified individual must also follow warranty standards when evaluating service and parts options.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience/Qualifications for Diesel Truck Mechanics
- A successful candidate will be able to frequently stand, walk, sit, use hands to touch, handle, and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms.
- He/She must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- A successful candidate will be able to work on their own without immediate supervision.
- Vocational, technical or certification preferred.
- A successful candidate will have strong attention to detail as well as be dependable and thorough.
- He/She will also possess necessary hand tools to match mechanical abilities
Benefits/Perks for Diesel Truck Mechanics
- Sign on TOOL BONUS for Technicians.
- Excellent Medical & Dental Plans.
- 401-K plans.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- Paid Vacations.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Sick Days.
- Annual Boot & Tool Allowance.
- Company Paid Uniforms.
- Company Paid Training.
- Company Paid CDL’s.
- Verizon Wireless Discount.
- Enterprise Employee Discount.
- Employee Discount Car Program for Certain Manufacturers.
- Technician Referral Program.
- Competitive Compensation
Tracey Road Equipment is an affirmative action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Reasons to join the Tracey Team:We continuously strive to provide our employees with ongoing training programs, personnel empowerment, and incorporate a team building, proactive philosophy into our daily efforts. With nearly 300 employees working out of seven facilities spanning New York State, Tracey Road Equipment offers numerous opportunities for qualified individuals. All of our full-time employees receive a benefits package second-to-none, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, 401k plans, vacation time, and personal/sick days. We strive for promotion from within our staff, and we foster a team approach to providing exemplary customer service.