New options now available for the Freightliner M2 106
Freightliner’s M2 106 medium-duty commercial truck has quickly become a favorite in its class, thanks to its agility and toughness. Now four new option packages are available for this Class 6/7 vehicle, each designed to further improve efficiency, productivity and driver satisfaction. Freightliner says the bottom line is your bottom line – lower total cost of ownership.
So what’s new?
Allison Transmission’s FuelSense Technology.
This suite of proprietary software applications allow your truck to automatically adapt to shift cycles and torque and operate at maximum efficiency for the current load, grade and duty cycle, without sacrificing performance. If you order the FuelSense option with the Efficiency Package (see below), you’ll get the Cummins ISB6.7 engine that delivers 220 horsepower and 600 ft.-lb. of torque.
This option gives you higher torque rating so the engine can run at lower RPMs to smooth downshifting. When you’re stopped at a light or in heavy traffic, the FuelSense neutral-at-stop function kicks in, taking the load off the engine and transmission so you save on fuel. This package comes with a 5.22 axle ratio and synthetic fuel efficiency lube for steer and drive axles.
Driver Retention Package.
As it becomes harder and harder to find highly qualified, experienced truck drivers, providing driver-friendly vehicles can turn you into the employer of choice. And if you’re an owner
operator, why shouldn’t you have a more comfortable day on the job as well? This package includes premium features such as:
- Roof console with storage.
- Premium insulation for greater year round comfort.
- Wood grain instrument panel.
- Additional in-dash power outlets.
- Bluetooth-enabled Sirius AM radio.
- High-back air suspension heated driver seat.
- Dual driver armrests.
- Power windows and door locks.
- Adjustable tile and telescoping steering column.
Professional Image Package.
And why shouldn’t your truck offer top performance in the good-looks category? This option package brightens up your truck’s exterior, with:
- Chrome hood-mounted air intake grille.
- Hood-mounted chromed plastic grille.
- 14-inch round polished air horn.
- Chrome headlight bezels.
- Bright-finished heated and remote mirrors.
- Polished fuel tanks with painted bands.
- Three-piece chromed steel bumper.
- Polished stainless steel steps.
There’s an M2 106 for your application.
Freightliner’s Business Class® medium-duty truck is designed for versatility as well as powerful performance. Here are all the applications where you could put one to work:
- Fire and emergency.
- Food and beverage.
- Flat bed.
- Pickup and delivery.
- Recreational hauling.
- Refuse collection.
- Service, both on-road and off.
With all these options – and now new option packages, too – it may be time to consider adding the Freightliner M2 106 to your medium-duty commercial fleet.