The Parts Counterperson sells retail parts to all available customers, over the counter as well as on the phone.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all functions relating to developing new parts, customer relationships, and strengthening the existing customer base.
- Will use dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently as well as sell additional parts and services by recognizing opportunities to up-sell.
- Assist walk-in and phone-in customers in selecting required parts suggest companion requirements, offer specials, and ensure that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Pull purchased parts from stock.
- Maintain customer goodwill by greeting and acknowledging all customers, answering customer inquiries, pulling parts for customers, and following our prescribed cash, credit, and check processing procedures.
- Assist outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Set up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Be friendly professional and efficient when working with all customers, both on the phone and in person.
- Provide the same high level of service to other dealership departments as is given to other customers.
- Present the customer with the proper copy of invoices.
- Keep current on new products and product updates.
- Participate in all training programs that are made available.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous parts and customer service experience would be ideal.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- One year of experience in an equipment and/or truck parts department.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to work well with the public, sometimes with several customers at a time.