Tracey Road is always looking for experienced Shipping and Receiving Clerks to join our team!
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receiving and processing incoming stock and materials
- Picking and filling orders from stock
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shippers to rectify damages and shortages
- Assemble wooden or cardboard containers, or select pre-assembled containers
- Managing, organizing, and retrieving stock in the warehouse
- Count, weigh, or measure items in incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bill of lading, invoices, orders, and other records
- Operate tier lift truck, or use a hand truck to move, conveyor hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage, work area and transport received goods throughout the facility as needed
- Transports office supplies/materials to appropriate departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing with customers, vendors, and other contacts.
- Ability to interpret vendor catalogs
- Ability to use parts department computer system, calculator, motor-vehicle, and tier-lift and hand trucks
- Ability to use mechanical tools such as crimpers, pliers, wrenches, and tape measure
- Ability to bend, stoop, walk, sit, stand, lift and carry for long periods of time
Join The Tracey Road Family
Tracey Road Equipment, Inc. is a leader in the industry; we are committed to providing outstanding customer service to all of our customers. TRE has invested in building and maintaining the finest facilities, representing quality products backed by an insightful sales team, developing an immense rental fleet, staffing a knowledgeable parts team, and sustaining well trained, committed service departments. Our service departments not only provide top notch service on diesel trucks and engines, we provide the same service on heavy construction equipment. TRE body and collision center provides the same high level of customer service.
If you are looking for a great place to work TRE offers that. We continuously strive to provide our employees with ongoing training programs, we welcome feedback from our employees on how we can improve our efforts, and incorporate a team environment. With nearly 255 employees working out of seven facilities spanning New York State, TRE offers numerous opportunities for qualified individuals. We offer a great benefits package to all full time employees; comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k plan, vacation and sick time and more! We strive for promotion from within our staff, and we foster a team approach to providing exemplary customer service.
Tracey Road Equipment is an affirmative action/Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.