Sometimes you have to work in uncomfortably small spaces. It can be a concern, worrying whether your machine’s rear end is going to swing out into traffic, bang the side of a building or clip your client’s shrubbery or trees. The Terex TC50 compact excavator puts an end to those worries, letting your operator focus on the job up front instead of watching his back.
Zero tail-swing makes the Terex TC50 the perfect piece of equipment for working in any tight quarters. It turns within its own footprint. It’s reliably stable and has an offset boom that makes digging around walls or foundations worry-free, too.
But the Terex TC50 is no specialty machine.
It has “versatility” written all over it. This is the compact excavator you’ll call on first for many different types of jobs. Landscaping. Plumbing. Septic. Electrical. Utility work. Anything that requires smaller-scale excavating or trenching. It may be small in size, but it’s big on performance.
Terex says with the TC50, you can dig deep, reach far and lift heavy loads. This machine is as competent as its bigger, heavier brothers, but it’s designed for applications where space is simply at a premium. It’s a machine that can stay busy, and that makes it a top choice for every budget-conscious construction firm owner or municipal manager.
Let’s take a closer look at the TC50.
- 11,070 pounds operating weight
- 12’ 2” maximum digging depth
- 20’ 4” maximum reach of
- 36 hp
- 2.4 to 8.2 cubic foot bucket capacity
The TC50 is designed with top-mounted, inverted boom cylinders that keep cylinder seals and hoses clean and dry. The design also protects hydraulic hoses and the boom cylinder itself from impacting the load, and it reduces stress on pins and bushings. All that means less wear and tear, and that saves money.
This is an excellent machine if you’re using a hydraulic hammer. Or you can use it for dozing. The 78” wide blade is independently controlled from the track drive for seamless operation, and the operator can flip a switch to choose ISO or SAE controls. The optional quick-attach coupler system enables your operator to make fast bucket or attachment changes in the field, so you can use the TC50 in several ways on a single job.
You can outfit your TC50 with other options, too, such as:
- Monobloc boom with 6’ dipperstick.
- 16” steel or rubber-coated steel crawler tracks.
- Terex “Fingertip” electro-proportional controls for adding control circuits to both the left and right joysticks.
- Hose-rupture/load-retaining valves.
- Biodegradable hydraulic oil.
- Conversion kit to change from ISO to Schaeff controls.
Daily inspection and maintenance activities are easy to accomplish, thanks to ground-level access to the engine, hydraulics and drive train.
And then there’s the cab. Roomy and convenient, just what every operator needs to pull off a more productive day with less stress and fatigue. The dab features:
- Insulated steel construction to reduce noise.
- Side-mounted engine for more interior room.
- Enhanced visibility.
- FOPS and TOPS certified to ensure safety.
- Dozer control lever mounted next to the joystick.
- Fabric hydraulically-cushioned seat with adjustable height and tilt and standard armrests on both sides.
Consistent, reliable performance. Less down time. More ways to use the machine so it’s earning money rather than sitting around on your yard. Talk about a great return on your investment. That’s the Terex TC50 compact excavator.