Western Star designs and builds “serious trucks for serious truckers.” The company’s rock-solid reputation reflects decades of dedication to uncompromising quality, producing trucks that are capable, durable and dependable. Each truck is individually hand-built to unique customer specifications, drawing from 3600 options to meet every conceivable need and configuration.
Western Star trucks are available through more than 250 exclusive dealerships throughout North America and around the world. Professional advice, parts and service are always close at hand.
Trucks that are up to the job
Vocational trucks serve every industry – construction, logging, towing and recovery, mining, oil and gas, and municipal applications. Highway trucks come in four distinct models — heavy haul, bulk haul, long haul or auto haul — and support applications ranging from the “everyday” to the extreme.
Multiple engine options make Western Star trucks powerful yet fuel-efficient regardless of the application. SGR is available with most options, ensuring clean, convenient and reliable compliance with 2010 EPA emissions standards.
Components that enhance performance
- Broadest range of powertrain options and BBC configurations
- All-steel cab, with components welded, double-sided, galvanealed and stamped
- Extra-sturdy frames
- Aircraft-grade electrical connectors
- Innovative AirLiner air suspension system — lightweight, maintenance-free and more reliable, with better cushioning, handling and load protection
- Front steer axle that offers the industry’s highest durability, performance, value and greatest maneuverability
- Rear tandem axle that ensures greater stability, reliability, durability and significantly less driveline vibration for heavy-duty applications
- TufTrac to support on- and off-road high articulation functions
Interiors and sleepers designed for comfort
Driver-friendly sleepers come in four models and five roof heights, with walk-through design, storage and room to move around. Customizing interiors is easy, with numerous materials and colors choices.
Global support for minimum down time
Western Star’s worldwide network of distributors also provide parts and expert service. The highly sophisticated North American distribution network ensures ready parts availability, with a national order fill rate consistently over 97% — repeatedly ranked #1 by parts managers.
State-of-the-art service technology and the industry’s top technicians ensure Western Star trucks receive reliably outstanding maintenance and repairs, assuring highest quality, fast but comprehensive work.
Western Star is a global leader and trusted working partner when it comes to heavy-duty trucks, because they offer the most comprehensive design options and build trucks that provide superior performance to tackle even the toughest jobs while also lowering operations costs.