Kobelco Introduces All New SK55SRX-7
Just because you’re smaller doesn’t mean you can’t do a big job. Compact excavators have become a staple for jobs such as landscaping, small construction projects and utility work where quality is paramount but working space is at a premium. But compact excavators are also increasingly important to fill in on larger jobsites.
Kobelco’s new SK55SRX-7 min-excavator is small in size but just as big where it counts — performance, reliability and durability. Oh, and operator-centric features. Because if the operator can’t do their job efficiently and comfortably, the machine cannot do its best work, either.
Here’s a quick rundown on what’s new about the new Kobelco SK55SRX-7 compact excavator.
- 11,817 lbs. with standard heavy counterweight and canopy (12,147 lbs. with cab)
- 37-hp Yanmar Tier 4 Final diesel engine
- 12 ft. 9 in. maximum digging depth
- 19 ft. 6 in. maximum digging height
- 20 ft. maximum reach at ground level using standard 5-ft. 7-in. arm (longer 6-ft. 4-in. long arm also available)
- 6 ft. 5 in. working width
- Up to 7% less digging cycle time, thanks to the improved hydraulic system
- Up to 12%faster travel speed and up to 10% faster hill climbing, thanks to redesigned travel motors
- Added digging power when operator use the Integrated Flow Pump System to activate extra output from the third pump
- Pre-installed thumb bracket on the arms
- Standard two-way dozer blade with float (optional four-way power angle dozer blade with float)
Reliability and durability
- Standard Energy Conservation mode achieves up to 26% fuel reduction
- Standard auto-deceleration switch
- Boom, arm and swing brackets all feature large cross-section segments that increase attachment strength
Operator-friendly features and amenities
- High-strength cab or canopy both meet ROPS, TOPS, and OPG Level 1 (top guard) standards
- Improved ergonomic controls
- Color display
- Automatic climate control in cab models
- Integrated Noise & Dust Reduction system
- Operator right-side window for enhanced hearing and ventilation
- Smartphone holder (Bluetooth hands-free-enabled)
- USB/AUX port
- DAB+ radio
- Cup holder
- Coat hook
- Factory-mounted LED work lights on the boom, top front and left side
You get the idea. The new Kobelco SK55SRX-7 measures up in so many ways it might just be the machine that transforms your 2022.