Kobelco announces production of its 25,000th American made hydraulic excavator. The excavator, a Kobelco SK350 Mark 9 Series, was manufactured in Kobelco’s 280,000 square foot plant in Calhoun GA. The Calhoun plant produces fuel efficient, high performance excavators in six model classes ranging from 16 to 48 metric tons for customers in the United States, Canada and Latin America.
The Kobelco SK350 Mark 9 sets the standard in terms of controllability, especially in multifunction applications. The Kobelco SK350 Mark 9 delivers 290 horsepower and has an operating weight of 80,909 lbs. With the continued demand for fuel efficiency, the SK350 Mark 9 features a Tier 4 Interim certified cooled exhaust gas recirculation (CEGR) diesel engine with the use of a diesel oxygen catalyst and a diesel particulate filter. This NEW technology delivers more engine power and better fuel efficiency than previous Tier 3 models.
The Excavator also features new economy mode technology that takes Kobelco’s patented ITCS to a whole new level. This technology maintains productivity while increasing fuel efficiency by an average of 10% over previous Kobelco models.
- 5% More engine torque to get more work done.
- Variable geometry turbocharger to improve engine response.
- Hydraulic tuned for high swing torque and high are digging forces.
- Exceptionally fast cycle times for highest productivity.
- Features upgrades to Kobelco’s legendary intelligent hydraulics.